The Siuslaw News is a semiweekly paper published in Florence, Oregon, United States, since 1890.[2] The News covers western Lane County, from the Pacific Ocean to Deadwood and Greenleaf, and from Yachats on the north to Gardiner on the south.[3] The paper was previously known as the Siuslaw Oar and The West.[3] It is published on Wednesdays and Saturdays by the News Media Corporation and has a circulation of 5,281.[2]