Steven J. Madrid
Steven Madrid is a corporate associate in the Silicon Valley office of Latham & Watkins. He focuses his practice on general corporate law, securities law and transactional matters, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and private and public company representation.
His experience includes representing:
- Public and private companies in strategic corporate transactions, as well as private equity funds and their portfolio companies in connection with public and private mergers, acquisitions and dispositions
- Issuers and investors in equity and debt financing transactions
- Public companies with respect to securities laws, general corporate matters and disclosure obligations, including Securities Exchange Act reporting
- Issuers and underwriters in a variety of public company financings, including initial public offerings
- Public and private companies in day-to-day matters
Mr. Madrid is a member of the firm's Recruiting Committee, conducting on campus interviews and representing the firm at outreach events. His pro bono practice includes representing Bay Area entrepreneurs and refugees seeking asylum in the United States.
Mr. Madrid received his JD from Cornell Law School, where he was the editor-in-chief of the Cornell Law Review. His published student note earned the Cornell Law Library Prize for Exemplary Student Research. During law school, Mr. Madrid served as an extern for the United States Attorney’s Office, Northern District of New York. He also served as an extern for the Honorable Frank C. Damrell, Jr., United States District Court Judge for the Eastern District of California.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Madrid was a clinical supervisor at a prominent Northern California cardiology group.
"Annexation of the Jury's Role in Res Judicata Disputes: The Silent Migration from Question of Fact to Question of Law," 98 Cornell L. Rev. 463 (2013).