Ted A. Dillman
Ted Austin Dillman is an associate in the Los Angeles office of Latham & Watkins and is a member of the Finance Department and the firm’s Restructuring, Insolvency & Workouts Practice.
Mr. Dillman’s practice focuses on corporate restructuring, bankruptcy, distressed mergers and acquisitions, and workouts, as well as general finance and corporate matters. He represents debtors, strategic buyers, private equity funds, hedge funds, first and second lien holders, other creditors, and boards of directors.
Mr. Dillman frequently authors finance-related articles for various publications. He serves on the board of governors of the Financial Lawyers Conference, and is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute. Mr. Dillman also served in a management role at the firm as a member of the Associates Committee, as well as on the firm’s Training & Career Enhancement Committee. Mr. Dillman is also a member of the American Bar Association subcommittee responsible for drafting a model bankruptcy asset purchase agreement and related commentary.
While in law school, Mr. Dillman was a founding member of the University of Southern California Law School Small Business Clinic where he advised clients on entity selection, formation, governance and ongoing compliance, and presented on entity selection to the Los Angeles chapter of SCORE (a nonprofit association dedicated to helping small businesses get off the ground, grow and achieve their goals).
- "Single Asset Real Estate Bankruptcies; Automatic Stay," Financial Lawyers Conference, June 3, 2016
- "Trading up to a New Model: Rolling out Revisions to the ABA Model Asset Purchase Agreement for Bankruptcy Sales," American Bar Association Section of Business Law spring meeting, April 7, 2016
- "So, You Have a Security Interest in Intellectual Property. Now What (and What Should You Have Done)?" Financial Lawyers Conference, December 3, 2015
- "Getting to Confirmation: How to Draft a Chapter 11 Plan, Disclosure Statement, and Related Documents,” American Bankruptcy Institute spring meeting, April 17, 2015
- "Basics of Business Bankruptcy: Executory Contracts," Financial Lawyers Conference, June 6, 2014
- “What Lenders Get: Make-Whole Premiums And Other Lender Rights In The Wake Of US Bank v. American Airlines,” Financial Lawyers Conference, April 4, 2013