The 80's Guesthouse is the latest vintage guesthouse by Old Penang Guesthouse.
It is located at 100 years old shophouses in the heart of Georgetown, Penang. The concept of renovation rests on a clear contrast of what is old and new. All effort has been made to preserve as much of the character of the existing building as possible. Existing features have been left untouched while new circulation has been added.
This guesthouse is all about preserving the memories of the building, expressing the detailing, creating a natural, comfortable and authentic interior which appears to be a joy to occupy. The interior retains traces of its previous incarnations in the form of sections of exposed beams, brickwork and aged door. Those incredible worn walls were simply left to be as they are – patchy and broken – without the need to make them perfect by restoring or covering them up.
The building is decorated with a mixture of vintage and contemporary furniture. Original floorboard from the building have been reused as bathroom door and furniture in the guesthouse.
The 80's was a happening decade when old meets with the new, has inspired the design of the guesthouse. We hope the total experience will be authentic and create timeless feel to the guest. The 80's Guesthouse is a best place for the guest who looking for a unique stay.
- Double Dorm : Queen size dorm bed. 1 bed can sleep up to 2 person. Ideal for couples, or individual who love extra space. Each dorm sleeps up to 4 couples.
- Twin Private : Private room with single size bunk bed for 2 person.
- Double Bed Private : Private room with Queen size bed.
- Mixed Dorm : Dormitory with single size bunk bed.
- Female Dorm : Female-only dormitory.
- Breakfast included
- Towels, linens and duvets provided
- Free WiFi and internet access
- Free maps and traveling advice
- Powerful hot water shower
- Satellite TV and movies
- Big lockers for dormitory
- Individual reading lamps and electrical plug
- Premium mattress covered with bed bug lock
- Free drinking water
- Free coffee and tea
- 24 hours security camera
The Frame Guesthouse by us is now open at 168, Chulia Street.