The Business Journal

Pacific Publishing Group traces its roots back to 1886, less than six months after the incorporation of the city of Fresno. Originally founded by H.C. Miller and called the Abstract of Records, the business was purchased by Morris Shelby Webster in 1888. M.S. Webster came to Fresno from the Midwest in 1876 at age 15, working as a sheepherder in the Sierras before landing a job at First National Bank, where he got his first taste of the business world. [1]