The Foothills Sun-Gazette
The Exeter Sun was first published in the back room of a little frame building on Pine Street in November 1901. This building was located where the Valley Electric Company was located in 1951. F.G. Griggs, affectionately known to all of Exeter as “Grandpa Griggs,” had his shoe repair shop in the front of the building. This block was leveled in 1975 and today is the site of the Bank of America.