The Tribune (Seymour)

Founded as the Seymour Daily Republican in 1885, the newspaper adopted the name Seymour Daily Tribune in 1920, shortening it to The Tribune on September 10, 1994. More recently, the newspaper was owned by Freedom Communications, based in Orange County, California, at one point the 12th largest media conglomerate in the United States. Freedom declared bankruptcy in 2009 and, over the next three years, sold all of its television stations and its newspapers east of the Rocky Mountains, including The Tribune. [1]