Before You Exit is an American pop rock/pop punk band from Orlando, Florida. Formed in 2007, the band originally consisted of Connor McDonough, Braiden Wood and Thomas Silvers. A year later, the band included Connor's younger brother, Riley. In mid-2012, Toby McDonough joined, and the lineup changed to the three brothers with Braiden and Thomas for live performances. Braiden later left the band to pursue a solo career. In August 2009, they self-released their debut EP, A Short Story Long. March 2011 saw the release of another EP, Letting Go. "I Like That" was released in February 2013. In July 2015, they released their single "Model". Before You Exit's newest EP, All the Lights, was released April 8, 2016.
In 2009, they released an EP, A Short Story Long. The first tour that the band took part in was All Time Low's 2010 My Small Package Tour. They became a supporting act in the middle of the tour. They also played a few shows on All Time Low's 2011 tour, the Dirty Work Tour.
In 2011, the band released their second EP, Letting Go. Following the release was their own mini-headlining The Next Big Thing Tour in the fall of 2011.
The band released End Of The World as single on January 10, 2012 before changing it up and releasing a newer version of the song in the December of that year.
They had also been supporting acts in Allstar Weekend's All The Way Tour, alongside Hollywood Ending and The After Party. The band also auditioned for X Factor USA and made it through to the judges houses round but dropped out because they realized that the competition wasn't for them. In August 2012, the band line up changed as Toby McDonough, younger brother of Connor and Riley, joined the group. Due to their growing success and recognition in South America, the band was invited to perform at Brazil's 2012 NoCapricho Festival.
February 2013 saw the release of the third EP, I Like That. They were on tour supporting Action Item in the Resolution Tour, along with Paradise Fears and Hello Highway to promote their newest songs.
The band was the only supporting act for the North American leg of English singer Olly Murs' Right Place Right Time Tour. During the summer of 2013 they appeared on Cody Simpson's Paradise Tour as a supporting act, along with Ryan Beatty. On August 17 and 18, they traveled to Singapore to close for The Color Run at Sentosa and to Malaysia on August 19 at Sunway Pyramid Mall. Throughout the years, the band's fame had also expanded to the Philippines where they performed in the Circuit Fest on May 25, 2013.
Before You Exit released a music video for the newly recorded acoustic version of "Soldier" from their 2013 EP I Like That. On July 18, 2014, Before You Exit released their single "Heart Like California", which was premiered during a live chat via Stageit in December 2013.
In March, the band began their own headlining tour, The Dangerous Tour, which visited 10 cities along the east coast and one show in Manila, Philippines in May. A new single, "Dangerous", was released on March 18, the first day of the Dangerous Tour. Opening acts included Spencer Sutherland, Plug in Stereo, and Macy Kate. In June 2014, the band then went on to join the girl group Fifth Harmony on their Fifth Times A Charm Tour after opening for them at the House of Blues in Orlando earlier in the year.
On April 28, 2014, Before You Exit was selected to compete in the annual Macy's iHeartRadio Rising Star contest. After over 7 million votes total, the band was announced as the winner. Before You Exit received a slot at the annual iHeartRadio Music Festival lineup, which took place at MGM Grand Las Vegas, and was also awarded their own parade float on the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
2015 brought some changes regarding Before You Exit and their future as a band. Due to increased popularity, Before You Exit toured Europe for the first time performing 22 shows in January–February 2015 with Christina Grimmie. On July 7, 2015, Before You Exit announced on social media that they had signed their first record deal with RCA Records. The next day, they announced their new single "Model" which was released July 17, 2015. The "Model" music video premiered on VEVO October 26, 2015.
During the summer of 2015, Before You Exit joined The Vamps on their American tour as a supporting act, alongside The Tide. The tour consisted of 12 shows across the United States from July 21–August 8, 2015.
On March 5, 2016, Before You Exit announced that they would be making their biggest announcement ever and a countdown timer was placed on their website. On March 11, 2016, at midnight, the band announced a new EP, All the Lights, featuring their singles "Model" and "When I'm Gone". The EP was released on April 8, 2016 and debuted at #1 on iTunes in the Philippines. On April 26, 2016, Before You Exit announced The All The Lights Tour, with Christina Grimmie and special guests, which would visit 11 cities and run from May 29–June 17. 2016. The final two shows were cancelled following the shooting death of Grimmie on June 10, 2016.
The band has written songs with Alex Gaskarth of All Time Low, Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy, Stephen Barker Liles of Love And Theft, and Dan Book and Alexei Misoul of Hot Chelle Rae. The band has said they draw inspiration from artists like Rascal Flatts, John Mayer, Maroon 5 and hope to one day write with them.
- Connor Patrick McDonough (born November 18, 1993) – vocals, lead guitar, piano, keyboard, drums, production (2007–Present)
- Riley Thomas McDonough (born August 31, 1995) – lead vocals, guitar (2008–Present)
- Toby James McDonough (born January 21, 1998) – vocals, guitar, piano, keyboard (2012–Present)
- Chris Kamrada – drums (2015–Present) [Live Member]
- Josh Barker – bass, back-up vocals (2016–Present) [Live Member]
- Braiden Montgomery Wood (born September 2, 1993) – guitar, piano, keyboard (2007–2014)
- Thomas Christian Silvers (born September 8, 1993) – drums (2007–2015)
Braiden and Thomas are two of the original members of Before You Exit. Braiden is no longer a part of the band and has released his own solo EP Be Free, Be Strong. Thomas joined Before You Exit for his last tour in early 2015; he did not perform on the summer 2015 tour with The Vamps.
- Chris Ganoudis – bass (2014)
- Ryan SJ Wheeler – bass (2014–2016)
Chris Ganoudis is a friend of the band and filled in as a live member during 2014 following Braiden's departure. Chris is a member of the band Like The Movies. Ryan Wheeler announced January 5, 2016 on social media that he would be taking a break from performing with Before You Exit to turn his focus towards his new band, Blame Candy.
- 2011 – October: The Next Big Thing Tour
- 2014 – March, April & May: The Dangerous Tour
- 2015 – January & February: Europe/UK Tour with Christina Grimmie
- 2016 – May & June: All the Lights Tour with Christina Grimmie
- 2010 – October & November: All Time Low's My Small Package Tour
- 2011 – March, April & May: All Time Low's Dirty Work Tour
- 2012 – January & February: Allstar Weekend's All the Way Tour
- 2013 – January & February: Action Item's Resolution Tour
- 2013 – April & May: Olly Murs' Right Place Right Time Tour
- 2013 – May, June & July: Cody Simpson's Paradise Tour
- 2014 – June: Fifth Harmony's Fifth Times A Charm Tour
- 2015 – July & August: The Vamps North American Tour
- 2013 – May 25: Circuit Fest - Manila, Philippines
- 2014 – June: DigiTour NYC and Toronto (Canada)
- 2014 – July & August: Run Around Tour
- 2015 - January -February : First European Tour
- 2016 – January 30: 3LOGYinMANILA, Philippines
|A Short Story Long|
|I Like That|
|All the Lights|
- "End of the World" ft. Anth
- "A Little More You"
- "I Like That"
- "Soldier" (February 10, 2014)
- "Dangerous" (March 18, 2014)
- "Heart Like California" (July 2014)
- "Model" (July 17, 2015)
- "When I'm Gone" (March 11, 2016)
Official Music Videos
- "I Like That" (May 30, 2013)
- "Soldier" (February 12, 2014)
- "Dangerous" (March 22, 2014)
- "Model" (October 26, 2015)
- "When I'm Gone" (March 28, 2016)