Tunde is a unisex name, originally a diminutive form of a Yoruba name for a native of Nigeria which also means "returns". Hence, when Tunde is combined with other Yoruba words such as Baba (father) or Yeye/Iya/Mama (mother) to form Babatunde and Yetunde respectively, the meaning becomes Father or Mother has returned.
If the vowel 'U' appears as 'Ü', Tünde might refer to the Hungarian female given name, derived from the Hungarian word 'tündér' meaning "fairy".
Notable persons with the name Tunde include:
- Tunde Adebimpe (born 1975), American actor, director and musician
- Tunde Baiyewu (born 1968), British-Nigerian singer
- Tunde Idiagbon (1942–1999), Nigerian soldier
- Tunde Jegede (born 1972), Nigerian composer and musician
- Tunde Nightingale, Nigerian musician