The Winchester Sun was first published Nov. 1, 1878 as The Semi-Weekly Sun. It later became known as the Winchester News, the first daily newspaper in the community, on Oct. 12, 1908. In 1912 the News changed its name to the Sun. In 1924 it moved to its present location at Wall Street and Cleveland Avenue. The Tatman family of Connersville, Indiana, acquired the Sun in 1936. James Tatman served as publisher until his death in 1988. The Tatman family continued to publish The Sun until selling the newspaper to Schurz Communications Aug. 2, 2005. Boone Newspapers, Inc. took ownership at the start of 2016. The Sun is the newspaper of record for Clark County and also offers commercial printing on their Atlas web press. The newspaper’s website, www.winchestersun.com, serves online readers who may wish to keep up with Winchester and Clark County.